Dates To Remember:
- Electric/Water/Sewer Billing: On or before the 10th of every month. Consumer complaints must first be addressed to the Village of Greene Electric Dept. Complaints that cannot be resolved by the village you can contact the New York Department of Public Service (DPS) www.dps.ny.gov/complaints or by phone: DPS Hotline at 1-800-342-3355 or by mail: Office of Consumer Services, NYS Department of Public Service, 3 Empire Plaza, Albany, NY 12223.
- HEAP: Opportunities for Chenango (607)334-7114
- Spring Cleanup: Determined at April Village Board Meeting
- Annual Arts & Crafts Festival: Fourth Saturday in July-Contact Greater Greene Chamber of Commerce @ 656-8225.
- Greene Community Labor Day Picnic: Labor Day-Contact Byron Miller @656-8219.
- Annual Apple Festival: Last Saturday in September-Contact Marilyn Rogers @ 725-3621.
- Joint Recreation Commission: Town of Greene: 656-4191
- No Parking on Streets. From November 1st to April 1st between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00a.m.
- Two-Hour Limit. Center parking on Genesee Street from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. on any day as well as any other place posted.
Policies and Procedures:
- Any questions regarding Village Code should be referred to our Code Enforcement Officer, Mike Wheelock @ 656-4191.
- All residents are responsible for keeping their lawns mowed.
- All residents are responsible for the removal of snow/ice/debris within 24 hours of condition.
- No handbills (ie. posters, dinners, yard sale signs, etc.) are allowed to be posted on utility poles.
- Greene Area Churches Food Pantry-Berean Bible Church-Route 12 S.
- Coordinator Connie Tallett 656-7028
- Monthly:. Second and Fourth Tues & Thurs. 9:30am-Noon
- Third Sat. 10:00am-Noon
- Greene Community Clothing Bank-49 Genesee Street
- Coordinator Marilyn Villante 656-4267
- Tues & Thurs 10:00am-12:00pm
- Sat 10:00am-12:00pm
- Closed on 5th Saturday of the Month